Alfa Laval Compabloc range is compact and designed for optimum performance and serviceability across a broad spectrum of industrial process applications. Standard pressure range up to 42 bar.
The Alfa Laval Compabloc is a breakthrough plate heat exchanger design that combines a whole range of technological advantages into one compact unit. The all-welded plate pack does away with all gaskets between plates, and makes it possible to operate with a wide range of aggressive media and at high temperatures and pressures.
Corrugated plate patterns generate high turbulence that results in overall heat transfer coefficients three to five times greater than a shell-and-tube heat exchanger. In addition to minimizing fouling, this makes it financially viable to use corrosion-resistant exotic metals.
This makes the Compabloc perfect for heat recovery in corrosive operating environments and for handling aggressive, high-temperature fluids of all kinds. The compactness of this all-welded unit means it can be installed virtually anywhere – as a condenser or reboiler for distillation and stripping columns, as a condenser on top of reactors and in a wide range of other heat exchanger applications.
Features and benefits
- Fully engineered to meet the needs of every customer
- Self-cleaning effect reduces operating cost
- Low maintenance cost due to easy access
- High heat transfer efficiency, higher than in shell & tubes
- Unique ability to handle two highly fouling fluids
- Every unit is fully drainable
- Condensers have virtually no vapour side pressure drop
- Column mounting of condensers reduces installation costs
- Design experience from more than 40 years of manufacturing