We provide a complete solution for air operated double diaphragm pumps. our designed and technology is reliable, highly efficient with low maintenance systems.
Air-Operated Double-Diaphragm Pump
An Air-Operated Double-Diaphragm pump (AODD) is a type of positive displacement (PD) pump. It consists of two pumping chambers that are alternately filled and discharged by the movement of flexible diaphragms. Compressed air is fed to and vented from air chambers on the opposite sides of the diaphragms to create the pumping action. AODD pumps are generally used for transfer applications and can handle various feeds, including sludges, slurries, abrasive and shear sensitive fluids. Although they are robust, reliable, and easy to maintain, they can be a little noisy and are limited to medium pressure applications.
Types of Air Operated Double-Diaphragm Pump
How AODD Pump Work
The compressed air forced the 1st side of the flexible diaphragm to move froth, squeezing the liquid on another side of the diaphragm to take the chamber’s outward path through NRV.
Once this action is completed, the air pressure shifts to the 2nd flexible diaphragm chamber. When the other diaphragm moves forth, it pulls the first diaphragm backward through the linkage rod.
The 1st diaphragm back creates suction in the 1st chamber due to suction/ Vacuum, and the liquid enters the first chamber.
Repetition of the same process follows. i.e., Suction in 1st chamber, discharge of 2nd chamber. Suction in 2nd chamber and discharge of 1st chamber.
Major Advantage of AODD Pump
- Ability to Run Dry: All air-operated double diaphragm pumps supplied by us can run-dry without damage. This is a handy feature when the pumping application may result in varying & unstable suction conditions.
- Ability to Self-Prime: This means that our diaphragm pump can be used as sump pumps & where favorable suction conditions are not available.
- Ability to Pass Solids: The ball & seat/ check-valve design allows the AODD pump to pass solid particles. This is beneficial in a wide range of applications such as pumping slurries or food products with seeds.
- Variable Flow-rate & Discharge Pressure: Varying of air supply to the pump will vary the flow rate or pressure that the diaphragm pump produces.
- Seal-less/ Leak Free Design: No mechanical seal means that the Air pumps are totally contained & leak-free.
- Ease of Maintenance: Diaphragm pumps are simple, non-technical & require no specialist training for maintenance. There are no special clearances or tools as are necessary for pump repairs.
- Anti-Stalling/ Anti-Freezing Air Motor: The air valve is designed to be anti-stalling & anti-freezing, allowing the AODD pump to be continuously operated.
- Intrinsically Safe: No electrical power or auxiliary requirements meaning that the diaphragm pump is Intrinsically Safe and can be operated in many hazardous situations/ applications like underground coal mines.
- Submersible Options: Most AODD models can be fully submerged. When used as a submersible pump, both the fluid and external components must be compatible with the material in which the pump will be submerged. Submersed pumps must have a hose attached to the air exhaust and the exhaust pipe above the liquid level.
- Static Charge: In the static charge generation, the Metallic AODD can be grounded, and the static charge can be transferred to the earth.
Diaphragm Pump Performance & Compatibility Chart
Air operated double diaphragm pump is a positive displacement pump and have some compatibility or guidelines of usage.
Industries We Serve
Industries we serve our Air Operated Double Diaphragm Pump
Aadiushmaa Engineers Aadiushmaa Engineers Aadiushmaa Engineers Aadiushmaa Engineers Aadiushmaa Engineers Aadiushmaa Engineers Aadiushmaa Engineers Retail Aadiushmaa Engineers
Food & Beverages
Oil & Gas
Paint & Coating
Marine & Transportation
Mining & Minerals
Pulp & Paper
Waste Water Treatment